What in the world is Steam?
For non-gamers, you’ve probably heard of Steam a lot and been wondering what it is. Well, it’s a broadband platform tailored for straight software delivery and content management. Steam is known as an essential part of the Valve software.
It does the following:
- Let you buy and instantly download games using the internet.
- Enable you to register retail versions of any Valve game and some third-party games
- Gives you access to games from any computer which can connect to the Steam network
- Automatically updates all your games with the most recent patches
- Enables you to chat with comrades in the Steam community even while playing
- Makes it easy for you to browse and connect to LAN and online game servers for particular games
- Gives you access to which games your friends are presently playing
Why do I need to create a Steam account?
The answer is simple: Practicality. It lets you play games anywhere and anytime as long as there is an internet connection. So, whether you’re out of town, passing by a province, or hanging out at home, you can play various games through Steam. Because honestly, who doesn’t want entertainment now and then or all the time?
What games can I play via Steam?
The games are increasing in number, and the list includes Counter-Strike, Grand Theft Auto, NBA 2K18, Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Rocket League, Fallout 4, Total War, Bridge Constructor Portal, Human: Fall Flat, They Are Billions, and Prison Architect, among others.
Games are categorized according to their type too; there are Action, Adventure, Casual, Indie, Massively Multiplayer, Racing, RPG, Simulation, Sports, and Strategy games.
How do I create a Steam account?
There are two ways you can create an account for the most popular broadband platform: You can either use the Steam website or client.
Via the Steam Website:
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/login/
- Click “Join Steam”
- Fill out the form
- Click “Create My Account”
Via the Steam client:
- Download and install the Steam application (visit http://store.steampowered.com/about/)
- Click “Create a New Account”
- Follow the prompts
Does my Steam Account name matter?
Well, of course, it does! Your Steam name will say a lot about who you are. After all, people will know you by name, and it’s the first thing they’ll see. The challenge is to make your name appear as amazing as possible. One way to do that is to use symbols. Here’s a list of steam name symbols to help you come up with the best name that can describe you well. The list includes smileys, special characters, and different alphabets. You could combine symbols to make a pretty decent and unique name with the list, so visit it soon!
How can I protect my Steam Account?
It’s crucial for you to stay protected, which is why we’ll give you the most important tip there is: Don’t ever give out your account password even to a friend over Steam. It’s a dangerous stunt, and even if you think the person is trustworthy, some things just shouldn’t be shared, and your Steam Account’s password is one of them.